BishopsTV is looking for music video playlist coordinators!
Bishops Cuts & Color is looking for video curators for Bishops TV!
What is BishopsTV?
BishopsTV is the official Youtube music video channel of Bishops Cuts & Color and is played as soundtrack/visual background at many of our shops.
What are we looking for?
- Looking for submissions ofYoutube Onlyvideo playlists of approximately 1 hour.
- Playlists can be mixed genres but priority will be given to genre specific playlists.
Especially looking for:
- Alt R&B (e.g. The Internet, Frank Ocean)
- Soul (e.g. Sharon Jones, Leon Bridges)
- Modern Funk and Boogie (Dam Funk, Flamingosis)
- World Pop (from all countries!)
- Hip Hop (love your local!)
- Indie Rock (see above)
- Indie Dance (see above)
- Garagey Rock (see above)
Not really looking for:
- EDM/DubStep/Repetitive Techno (shorter songs with vocals and/or choruses okay: g. Basement Jaxx, Disclosure)
- “Adult Alternative” (e.g.: Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, Jason Mraz, Rusted Root)
- “Post-Grunge” Bands (e.g. Staind, Creed et. Al.)
- Rap Metal and Nu Metal (e.g. Limp Bizkit, Korn et.al)
- Screamo (e.g. Saosin, Hawthorne Heights)
- Super Abrasive (e.g. Unsane, Melt Banana)
Guidelines for submissions:
- Songs should be “retail friendly”. Looking primarily for mid-tempo and faster.
- Videos must be an actual music video (lyric videos are okay provided there’s enough movement within the video – final discretion will be up to Bishops)
- Must be from an official label or artist channel as bootleg uploads usually get taken down
- No nudity or sexually explicit videos
- No songs or videos with explicit repeated lyrics (we don’t care about a random Sh*t here and there. F*ck over and over again…Not so much)
- No Drug use in videos.
- No songs with misogynist, anti-LGBTQIA, racist, xenophobic language and lyrics will be accepted
Please name your playlist and give a brief description via your email submission! Be creative, please follow guidelines above regarding content
Looking for videos PG-13 or below
- We define PG13 as: Parental guidance suggested for under 13. Lyric content: one or two “F*ck” might occur but not repetitively and falls subtly and naturally within the song context. Video content might be risqué-ish (mostly suggestive narrative) or cartoon-ish violence but not explicit.
Current Examples of our playlists are on: bit.ly/bishopstv
Things we love!
- Regional and local – there’s now so many great music cities that it’s hard to keep track!Bishops is based out of Portland, OR originally so music is a huge part of our DNA! That said we know that music exists everywhere! If a local up and coming band/s from your area has a matching song and video – we’d love to hear and know about them!
- Live Music!As long as the music sounds clear and the video is steady! (a great example would be Nirvana unplugged)
- Under the radar!There’s always groups that have been toiling away for awhile.
What’s In it for me?
- A chance to get your video playlist played nationally! Bishops is currently expanding nationwide.
- An invitation to the official store opening party of your local Bishops.
- And! A Year’s worth of Haircuts. 5x Bishops cut cards valid for haircut use! (Or for you folks with long hair give those cards to friends and family.)
Where do we send playlists?
- After compiling your playlists, Send your named Youtube playlist addresses to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other things I should know?
- Bishops reserves the right to delete your entire playlist or request that any video in the playlist at any time.
- Playlists will be played as much or as little to the discretion of each Bishops location. Bishops assumes no obligation on the minimum or maximum times your Bishops Playlists is played.